Adsense program, formally known as content targeting advertising, was launched by Google in March 2003. Since its beginning, Adsense has grown to be the most trusted and reliable advertising network worldwide.
The platform has specialized in creating and placing responsive and banner ads on blogs and websites. Google takes pride in serving the advertisements to a wide range of users based on some factors, such as the website’s content and visitor’s geographical location. In terms of offering high-quality, non-intrusive, and relevant ads, Adsense is second to none.
A large number of websites make revenue from the content through this platform. Moreover, small publishers with low website traffic are also generating income by using Adsense. More than 2 Million publishers and bloggers are currently working with Google Adsense.
What is Google Adsense?
Google Adsense is an advertising network famous for its CPC (Cost-Per-Click) marketing model. CPC means that they will pay you at every visitor’s click. For publishers who seek more revenue through advertisements on their websites, blogs, or YouTube videos, Adsense is the best platform for them.
Publishers get the share from the revenue generated by placing ads on their blogs or websites. So, the platform gives publishers access to an enormous pool of advertisers and acts as intermediaries between them. Moreover, Adsense offers various ad formats that are easy to load, don’t slow down the website, and don’t hinder users’ experience.
How does Google Adsense work?
First, you have to get approval from Google Adsense. If your website or blog has engaging content and you are ready to follow Adsense Terms and Conditions, you will get instant approval.
After getting approval, whenever you post a blog, select an ad and the place where you want to put it. Google Adsense’s advertising partners (affiliate clients, brands, companies, and agencies) always look to promote their products or offers by showing the advertisements to a specific audience’s niche.
For example, if your advertising parent needs to promote their furniture and write blogs about furniture, they will allow you to show their furniture ads to your visitors and readers. In return, you will get a piece of the revenue generated by that advertisement.
How much can you earn from Google Adsense?
As mentioned above, Adsense works on CPC (Cost-Per-Click) model. Your advertiser will determine that how much they will pay for a single click on the ad posted on your website.
For instance, let’s suppose you manage to get 5,000 website views per month, and 2.5% of those visitors click on an ad, which is 125 clicks. If your advertiser pays 70 cents per click, you will earn $87.5 per month.
So, the more interesting your content is, the more will be your traffic (visitors or readers). When there is more traffic on your website, more readers will click on the ads, ultimately leading to more income.
Why Google Adsense is the best choice?
Adsense has become one of the leading and popular because of its unique following features:
- One of the main advantages of using Adsense is that you don’t have to sell specific products. Having pertinent and ample website information is enough to join Adsense.
- Millions of advertisers compete to get a space on publishers’ websites for showing their ads.
- Currently, More than 2 million publishers are generating revenues using this platform.
- Another most important feature of the platform is that it provides high-security levels, transparency, and safety to both publishers and advertisers. It bridges the gap between advertisers and publishers. They constantly monitor site inventory for any dubious and illegal advertisements.
- Google Adsense provides several ad formats for desktop and mobile, such as banners, text, HTML ads, images, video ads, and many more.
- An advanced search option makes the user stick on the website or page, thus generating more clicks on the ad. Further, multiple clicks can be generated through this search option.
- Another benefit is that the website monitoring process is straightforward with this platform. You can place ads on different websites while using a single Adsense account.
- Google Adsense offers easy customization of the ad placement and picks only relevant ads for placing on the website.
- The minimum payout threshold is $100, which can easily be achieved if you have a huge traffic of engaging readers.
- A real-time-tracking system will help you to track your income and performance. Plus gives statistical reports.
- Adsense auto ads help you automatically adjust the size of ad units on desktop or mobile. So, there are more chances that visitors will see them and click too.
Tips for making money on Google Adsense
There are few guidelines to make money on Adsense. By following these tips, you can generate more revenue.
Emphasizing your content:
The first and foremost strategy to generate more revenue is to focus on your content. For instance, let’s say if you post different food recipes on your blog and use it for journaling purposes, divide the site in two and then focus on monetizing the more creative content. This focusing will make the easier matching of ads by advertisers on your site and aid in search by users on Google. So, if you have engaging and quality content, visitors will stay to read it.
Advertise your website:
More advertisers will be attracted to your website when visitors aim to stay for a while. One of the best ways to gather more traffic is through advertisements on social media. Sharing your posts on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter is the best initiative for advertising yourself. Send out newsletters in case you have a huge traffic of engaging readers.
Another great strategy to get more traffic is to place important and relevant ads in visible places to attract readers’ attention easily. Always place the ads in a place where readers can easily read the blog and view the ad.
Strictly follow the Adsense Policies:
Google Adsense has some strict policies, and if you don’t get along well with these rules, they will disable your Adsense account. Sharing hate speech, posting plagiarized material, and advertisement of illegal and fake products is strictly prohibited. So, before joining Google Adsense, read their Terms and Conditions carefully because any illegal activity will get your account banned.
How to create an account on Google Adsense?
Creating an account on Adsense involves following steps:
- Open Google Adsense site and click sign-up
- Provide your email address
- Enter the URL of your website
- Click Save and Continue
- Sign in to your Google Adsense account
- Choose your territory or country.
- Click on “Accept Adsense Terms and Conditions” ( first review, then accept)
- Click create account
Eligibility requirements for joining Google Adsense
Following are some of the requirements which you should know before joining Adsense:
- You must be 18 years old to join the network.
- You should have unique and engaging content.
- Publishers and bloggers are required not to use fake traffic for promoting offers.
- You must not post any hate speech.
- Publishers may not place Google ads on sites containing abusive material.
Benefits of Google Adsense
- CPC model of payment
- Most trusted and reliable advertising network
- Offers various solutions for marketing problems
- Multiple desktop and mobile formats
- Manages ad-placement
- Easy customization of ads
- Millions of advertisers
- Worldwide Traffic
- Security and Safety
- Minimum payout threshold of $100
- Advanced searching option
- Good customer care services
- Easy sign-up
- Real-time tracking system
- Statistical reports
- Various payment methods
- Timely payouts
Google Adsense Payment Details:
Once you reach the payout threshold of $100, you will be paid on the 21st of the following month. For instance, publishers generating revenue in January will be paid on the 21st of February. Here are the payment details of Google Adsense advertising network:
- Commission Type: Cost-Per-Click (CPC)
- Payment Cycle: Monthly
- Payment Currency: USD
- Minimum Payment: $100
- Payment Methods: Checks, Electronic Fund Transfers (ETF), Western Union Quick Cash, EFT through Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Rapida, and Wire Transfer